Five guilt-free snacks that are healthy and nutritious
There aren’t many things better than a tasty snack at the right time. The problem is that most of the tasty snacks are also full of calories, not to mention that they don’t add any important nutrients for your diet. Luckily, there are many guilt-free snacks that you can have that will add many benefits to your health.
- Nuts and seeds. Although many people avoid them because they contain fats, they are actually very healthy and very nutritious. Eating a handful of nuts is enough to keep you satisfied for quite some time, and they don’t contain any “empty calories”.
- Avocados. Avocados contain a lot of healthy fats as well as vitamins that are good for your mind and body. You can eat them by themselves or you can combine them with vegetables, fruits, and even toast.
- Greek yoghurt. Are you in the mood for something natural and refreshing? Then you can eat Greek yoghurt in different combinations. You can add seeds, oats, fruits, and flavors to make it tastier. Besides being an extremely healthy food, it will improve your digestion and help you lose weight.
- Bananas. This wonderful fruit is the best snack since they contain all the vitamins and minerals that you need to have energy for the entire day.
- Oatmeal. If you need a boost of energy you can eat a bowl of cooked steel cut oats. Add a spoon of honey to make them sweeter and add some dried fruit.